What is cancer and what can we offer?
What are types of cancer?
Cancer is a class of diseases characterized by abnormal growth and distant spread of cells. There are more than 100 types of cancer that may differ by growth pattern, course of the disease, response to treatment and prognosis.
According to the cells of origin, cancers may be categorized as:
- Carcinomas that are the most common type of cancer. They are formed by epithelial cells that cover the inside and outside surfaces of the body.
- Sarcomas are tumours of the soft tissue, including muscle, fat, blood vessels, lymph vessels and fibrous tissue.
- Leukaemia starts in the blood-forming tissue of the bone marrow.
- Lymphomas are cancers of pathologically changed lymphocytes (the so called B and T cells).
- Multiple myeloma is a cancer that begins in another type of immune cells – plasma cells.
- Melanoma is a cancer of melanocytes that make melanin. Most melanomas develop in the skin, but they may also arise on other surfaces and organs. Some melanomas may be without pigmentation.
- Brain and spinal cord tumours are of different types and may develop in the brain or in the spinal cord. These tumours may be both benign and malignant.
- Other types of tumours include germ cell tumours, neuroendocrine tumours and carcinoid tumours.
How is cancer treated?
Conventional primary methods of cancer treatment are:
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
What is cancer immunotherapy?
Immunotherapies are designed to boost the host’s immune system, either directly or indirectly. There are many types of immunotherapies like:
- Non-specific immune-modulating agents
- Colony-stimulating factors
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Vaccine therapies
- Oncolytic virotherapy
The Amber Life Cancer Clinic offers a unique possibility to treat cancer with an original oncolytic virus obtained almost 50 years ago. Riga virus (ECHO-7) is officially registered for the treatment of melanoma, because it has been adapted to melanoma cells.
Become a patient
If you wish our experts to give a free assessment of your case,
please fill out and submit an application form